Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Exodus from Genesis to Revelation

Wow, I woke up this morning and realized I have to do this. Beginning from Genesis all the way to Revelation. Therefore, there are a lot of versions out on the market and I am resisting the temptation to go and purchase a new one. I already have several Bibles here at home and I enjoyed the New Inductive Study Bible. This Bible does not have the double columns in the old or new testaments, which makes it easy to read. However, the New King James version and KJV with their all color editions looks very tempting. I see how long I can resist the temptation.

I've noticed after reading the same stories over and over again, I have those ah ha moments. I jump for joy and then wonder why I have not seen that before in the readings. At 5:00 am this morning, as I look out my window at the two Seattle Westin Hotel Towers, I actually gasp, because I realized that both God and Jesus was always on the move and they cover only a certain amount of territory in these stories. There is a lot to be seen in the skyline of Seattle. One of my joys is bird watching, I love to see them take off in sequence and put their flying skills to test. I called it flight training school,  they mark their route and cover only a certain amount of territory of their flight plan. They just don't start flying all over the place, they leap out in faith together, maintain their flight plan and return back to their base together. It's a beautiful sight to watch and just grab my attention each  and every time. This is what my journey is all about, allowing God to give me a flight plan that does not require me to cover more ground, than I am able to handle. I will for the first time of my life, begin to read from Genesis to Revelation and I know this will be a long drawn out process that will require a lot of patience on my part.  It will be interested to see how this reading journey will guide me, help me to use the word as a reflection tool, teach me to implement God's word into my prayers and help me to grow in faith and grace. Therefore, I apologize up front, I'm always all over the place and my reading habits is not excused from my normal living habits. Keep checking on me though, giving me a nudge and cheer me onto victory.... Genesis to Revelation, here I come-

No comments:

Post a Comment